Monday 22 February 2010

WEEK TWO**

***PHOTOGRAPHS WERE NOT TAKEN FROM THIS WEEK, THEY WERE TAKEN 30/01/10 HOWEVER I UPLOADED THEM AS I REALLY LIKE THEM AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE TO SHOW THEM TO OTHERS***
Lara Jade is a British photographer and such an inspiration for me, her being so successfully at such a young age is a great inspiration for me, and her photographs are what I've always wanted to head towards, fashion, alternative and beauty. I have been aware of Lara Jade's work for a few months now, however when i did my photoshoot I didn't think about jades photographs, it was only until after the photoshoot and editing that i related a slight likeness.
Here is some of Lara Jade's work http://www.larajade.co.uk/ :





I love the colours in the photographs, and her unique images with such creation and imagination. I love the big square eyebrows in the first photograph and it was only until after I realised my models square eyebrows had a likeness.
The parasol/umbrella has some likeness to Jade's photographs too. I thought I'd include Jades photograph's as shes a big inspiration to me and felt she deserved to be mentioned and inspire more people like myself.



These are photographs of my friend Lottie, we are extremely close, and she is always willing to help me out with my photography projects. She enjoys modelling for me and helps me to experiment.
I love this photograph of her, I think it looks fashion and i think she looks really beautiful and elegant here.
(Below) For this photograph i lightly airbrushed the skin, but not so it looked over fake, i then turned the saturation down so the photograph was between colour and black and white, to produce this nearly black and white photograph with hints of colours, i LOVE the depth of field in this photograph and how we are focused on her, i also highlighted and enhanced her eyes to make them stand out and draw us into the photograph.


(Below) With this photograph I smoothed the skin, by airbrushing slightly, I adjusted the curves level and I darkened the photograph around the edges. I really like the colours in this photograph and the contrast between the dark background and her light pale skin. I also like the composition and the dark mysterious background.
(Below) Again, I smoothed the skin, and lightened it using curves to create a contrast between her pale skin and dark mysterious background, I created a dark glow around the image to exaggerate the dark background.


Overall i felt this shoot went really well, I really like the photographs iv photoshopped so far, and think they are good fashion portraits, i think my model looks beautiful, unique, elegant and alternative.



No comments:

Post a Comment